Today Yoga has become the mouth of word. Everyone around us either talks about yoga or want to do yoga for better and healthy life. Earlier people who were conscious about health were getting involved in all types of physical exercises from jogging to cycling to weight-lifting and more. But today Yoga has brought a positive change not only in the mindsets of the people but also in their lifestyles which are becoming healthier and fitness oriented.
Photo Credit: cknw
Yoga is the science originated in India which mainly deals in physical, mental and even spiritual practice which has essentially become part of human life. There are different schools of yoga which brings expertise in the people who practice it every day and help in achieving better health and stronger minds.
Why you need Yoga?
Yoga teaches the way of life you have to live. It is an essential way of relaxing mind and body completely. Lives have become hectic, tiring and full of activities. The energy that gets produced naturally is not sufficient for you to stay fresh and active all the time. You have to learn techniques to remain not only active but calm and content even under pressure or when the situations are tense around you.
Yoga teaches you the better ways to understand your body and to heal yourself from any major or minor weaknesses. It makes the functioning of the body better. It keeps blood pressure, heartbeats and rest parts of the body well under control.
Yoga is mainly based on five principles, of life:
- Yoga is highly important for human beings to overcome the mental agony and physical difficulties in everyday life.
- Yoga is the most disciplined method of practicing the perfectness for better living.
- Yoga helps in controlling the power of mind and organizing functioning of the body in a perfect manner.
- Yoga is not only about physical exercising. It is further related to major orthodox schools of Hinduism and to the meditative and spiritual philosophy.
- The techniques of yoga are effective and highly influential in reducing the risks of blood pressure, asthma, diabetes and even the diseases like cancer and heart disease.
Yoga is further divided into various categories such as Jnana Yoga, Bhakti Yoga, Karma Yoga, Laya Yoga and Hatha Yoga, Raja Yoga, Ashtanga Yoga which is based on different techniques.
According to Hindu philosophy, the process of defining the yoga which took longer yeas of time to developed and culminated with powerful practically oriented yoga sutras of Patanjali.
The Patanjali’s yoga sutras are considered to be first compiled version of formal yoga philosophy. Patanjali yoga is also further referred as Raja yoga.
Also, the further branch of yoga which was formed according to the Patanjali’s studies of yoga asanas is the Ashtanga yoga – the eight-limbed concept of the yoga which is more popular today.
How does yoga work?
The workouts or the Asanas are scientifically defined and support every part of the body, making it stronger, eliminating troubles your body has. It has been more than 5000 years that these postures called asanas have been defined and are in use.
The main advantage with Yoga are:
- It burns calories after calories, as the person keeps practicing it. It not only makes your body light weight but also makes it stronger with internal strength and energy.
- It is an exercise for mind and body. It tones muscles and keeps the body in perfect shape.
- Yoga further helps in coordinating mind and body so well. It teaches you various respiring techniques which can further cleanse the entire body by the power of breathing.
- The art of meditation is part of yoga which further helps in balancing the mind and getting concentrated at one place.
- It is most ancient art of controlling the mind which helps in enhancing the inner magical powers of a human body.
- Yoga is highly flexible and easily customizable according to the person; his body built and can be concentrated on the major health issues.
The different forms of Yoga can be broadly divided into few major categories:
- Hatha Yoga: it is one of the most older forms of yoga which is mainly related to breathing and various breathing movements.
- Vinyasa Yoga: it is combined exercises that teach various poses and body postures, enhancing the flexibility of the body movements and offering a piece of mind.
- Power Yoga: As the name suggest, it is a form of yoga which directly deals highly intensified yoga exercises which help in toning muscles and building body.
- Ashtanga Yoga: It is an advanced form of yoga which combines various postures combined with breathing techniques.
- Bikram Yoga: It is also called hot yoga because most of the postures are challenging and are performed inside a room with higher temperature.
- Iyengar Yoga: It is a form of yoga which allows you to make use of straps, strings, and chair while keeping the body in alignment while performing various postures.
There are yoga poses and the postures which are used for every part of the body:
- The yoga techniques help in burning the middle of abs, reducing the extra fat from the back of shoulders, hips, and thighs.
- Further yoga helps in building your muscle around your shoulder and wrists by balancing the entire body weight.
- The various yoga techniques work on legs from all sides and poses such as squats, bridges, and warrior-style make the body stronger and with great shape.
- Some of the most effective yoga techniques such as Suryanamaskara and various forms of postures help in reducing all types of back problems.
Who can do Yoga?
- If you have higher or lower blood pressure, you can perform yoga by consulting a yoga expert and decide about which light form of yoga exercises can be helpful to you along with breathing and meditation sessions.
- Yoga is a great exercise for the people who have diabetes, high cholesterol, or heart-related disease. Yoga keeps your mind alert and keeps control over your body which strengthens your inner feelings.
- Even if you are suffering from any major disease, yet you can consult to your doctor and find the most suitable yoga program which can keep you full of life.
- Even if you are suffering from major health issues such as cancer or heart attack, yoga techniques help you in further strengthening your body capacity and improving your health condition so much that you can fight back successfully.
- The people suffering from arthritis, yoga is a boon because it makes the body movement stretchable by adding strength into it. The prenatal yoga assists the pregnant women in practicing and performing yoga which is very vital for both mother and baby.
Today Yoga is not just considered as a cure for mental and physical diseases but it has become the lifestyle of the people who want to live longer, healthy, and happy life.