Every small business is coming over to the web, with globalization, changing times and trends, there has been a huge growth in Mobile Apps for Blogging as well.
The WordPress App for iOS has been designed for both iPhone and iPad and therefore is compatible with both. The advantage of this App is that you can manage multiple blogs and enable push notifications for each notification type. You can also select which blogs you want to receive notifications on the Settings panel. You can moderate the comments, create or edit posts and pages, view stats, and add images or videos with ease.
Key features of WordPress App on iPhone –
- Multiple slider layouts – You can choose from 5 different slider styles – iPhone horizontal or vertical, Android horizontal or vertical and BlackBerry.
- Mobile friendly – the App has been designed to look good on all devices – from computers to phones. The theme will resize itself to accommodate the visitor’s screen size on each visit.
- Unlimited color options – You can customize the iPhone Apps looks from the back-end, by using the WordPress customizer. These changes happen in real-time!
- Completely widgetized – The homepage of the Apps is created with a number of custom widgets. Including new elements or swapping is as easy as drag n’ drop.
- Sell products – By using the free Woo Commerce plugin you can sell your app or any other product. Many product types have been provided, including physical, digital and affiliate.
- Automatic updates – You can directly update from the WordPress dashboard.
- Maintain a regular blog – You can start a blog easily – no tweaking is necessary. You just have to create a new category and add some posts to it.
- Slider videos – You can show videos by just entering the embed code.
- Mega menu support – If you want to go beyond simple drop-down menus and introduce structures with multiple columns, mega menus support is available.
- A wide variety of shortcodes – To help you customize your pages and posts, iPhone App has a wide selection of shortcodes. They include simple alert boxes to advanced tabs and popovers.
” Today, Mobile Apps are the only way of the future for content creation and consumption.”
For every 10 mobile users, 9 of them prefer reading content through an app than a mobile browser. By creating an app for your WordPress site, you can reach more than 80% of the mobile market.
Here are a few more Mobile Apps for Blogging on iPhone or iPad that are premium and designed for both.
- BlogPress (app for iPhone and iPad)
BlogPress is easy to use blogging app for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. It has been integrated with some of the popular social networks like YouTube, Flickr, Facebook, Twitter, and Picasa! It supports all top blogging and content management platforms like WordPress, Drupal, Blogger, TypePad, Joomla, Movable Type, LiveJournal, Tumblr, etc.
- Blogsy (app for iPad)
Blogsy is designed for iPad only. You can add photos or videos by dragging them from the media sidebar to your blog post. To create a hyperlink instantly, you can drag and drop an article’s URL and do the same for images and videos from YouTube, Vimeo Picasa, Flickr, Facebook, Instagram and Google Image Search. It also supports local drafts, create scheduled posts, pending review posts, and much more.
- BlogPad Pro (app for iPad)
BlogPad Pro is a fully-featured WordPress app to manage all your blogs from WordPress on your iPad. You can either blog online or offline and only have to sync changes when you are done. The features like autosave and conflict management ensure that you do not lose your data. It also comes with the best visual editor (WYSIWYG). Some of the other key features include HTML mode, Dropbox integration, word count, reader, preview posts (online or offline), tables, etc.
- PressSync Pro (app for iPhone and iPad)
PressSync Pro is designed for iPhone and iPad and is in sync with WordPress.org and WordPress.com. Some of the key features encompass: a simple design, HTML input support, and tags management, lists view that displays the basic information (title, date, tags, author, categories, post status) of a blog post.
- Prose (app for iPad)
Prose is designed for the iPad and has a user-friendly editor. It confirms with WordPress and Blogger.com blogs. It has similar features like that of a word processor and you can use the photo browser and easily add images. You can even work offline and manage multiple blogs at the same time.
- Hootsuite (app for iPhone and iPad)
Hootsuite app is world’s number one and popular social media app to schedule and share your post from your Flicker, Tumbler, Facebook, Twitter etc. Using this iPhone and iPad app, you can share your photos, messages with your social networks and manage your entire social network from one place.
- Squarespace Blog(app for iPhone and iPad)
The Squarespace Blog app is best for write and edit posts and to manage comments on several websites. Using this app for iPhone and iPad, you can easily create links without HTML, text format, tag items, queue post etc. This app is also useful to manage content and comments between WordPress websites and blogs.
- Tumblr(app for iPhone and iPad)
Tumblr app for iPhone and iPad is best for posting anything like videos, photos, links, text, quotes. It also follows your favorite blogs. Using this app, you can also share what you like most and explore your interest.
Four plugins that stand out in the WordPress Plugin Repository and show promise to create a mobile app for at least the iOS and Android platforms are:
The mobile web world is growing exponentially. If your website does not support mobile phones and tablets now, you can be assured that you will be left behind. As mobile technology is going big and every other user is now viewing websites from their iPhone or other smartphones, it is all the more essential for you to create a mobile friendly version of the WordPress website.