Any fellow blogger might be aware of this term Backlink. But actually, do you know what does it mean? Here is a simple explanation to make you understand easily. Backlink can be simply called as building blocks for your website or web page. Backlinks which are also called as Inbound links are the links that are redirected to your website from some other sites.
It is an important part of Search Engine Optimization since the search engines such as Google, Yahoo counts the number of Quality Backlinks you have on your website to give higher priority for your web page in the search lists.
How to get Backlinks to your website?
Let us check how to get backlinks to your blog or website below. But remember, quality of backlinks matters a lot than the total number of backlinks.
- Start writing awesome contents:
In order to get quality backlinks to your site, write only quality contents. Writing amazing contents will not only bring quality backlinks but also a good amount of traffic to your site.
Few helpful articles regarding content writing:
- Use 10 Online Tools for Crafting Attractive Content
- Want to Make Your Content Good as well as SEO Friendly..??
- How to Write a Blog that Makes Google & Readers Happy?
- Content Creation Tools – The Miraculous Assistants
- Start commenting on other blogs:
This is an awesome trick to bring quality backlinks to your blog. Start writing comments on other DoFollow blogs and forums. DoFollow blog means that particular blog allows all the search engines to follow it and also helps in passing link juice. You can also make use of commentator plug-ins to write high-quality comments.
- Participate in forums:
This is an easy way to get backlinks to your blog. Participate in forums and post snippets of your contents or articles, so that forum users gets attracted to read that. This not only generates backlinks to your website but also you will be getting a good amount of traffic and more search engine visibility.
- Create quality infographics to your blog:
Infographics are nothing but a pictorial representation of your idea in the form of a chart or any diagram. Thus, representing your contents in the form of infographics will bring quality backlinks to your blog. For this, you have to create your infographics professionally and then send to other bloggers who are interested in sharing your infographics. In this way, you can build quality one-way backlinks to your blog.
- Conduct contests on your blog:
This is a proven idea to attract more visitors and backlinks. Conduct interesting contests on your blog such as quiz contests or puzzles announcing attractive prizes. To your surprise, you can see you will be getting many quality backlinks to your blog along with a number of visitors.
Benefits of Backlinks:
- If you are getting backlinks from any other site, then it means that your site is being promoted in the search engine results. In other words, the sites with a large number of quality backlinks will get more priority in search engine ranking.
- It helps in quick indexing of the site which means it helps the search engines to identify your blog link faster.
- With the help of backlink, you not only get visitor traffic but also referral traffic.
- Quick recognition of your site through backlinks. This suits best when you are a beginner in blogging.
- Create better relationships with other fellow bloggers who can help you excel in the blogging field.
Try to get as much quality backlinks as possible through your blog and its contents. This is because building reputation in the blogging world is very important to sustain. Which method did you use to get backlinks? Do share your views with us in the comment section.