Blogging is the most common activity which is becoming popular on the internet. Most of the bloggers who write the blogs are not necessarily experts in that particular subjects. Also, most of the writers who write in English are not native English speakers. If you want to write blogs in English and if you are not native English speaker then this blog will help you in learning the tricks and some useful tips which will help you in your writing for sure.
Do you want to try? Then read the following given suggestions and start practicing them. It will help you in improving your language skills and gaining lot of confidence.
Blog writing is nothing but developing the content on your own. If you speak English fairly well then with the given tips you will start creating content on your own.
For the beginners, it is a world of challenges. Sometimes you may feel frustrated at the beginning when you find developing the content is not an easy job. It needs lots of practice and language skills. But once if you learn all the tricks, then you will find the content development and blog writing work more interesting and highly prospective. You will enjoy the world of blogging more.
While writing the content, you have to think of following two points which are highly important.
Never worry about your language
You are not a native speaker and you will neither speak like native speaker nor think.
But remember, to become expert in vocabulary, spelling or in grammar fluency. You need to plan & practice. It surely helps you in gaining to achieve with practice but yet you will not be considered as a native speaker.
Never think that you know everything
You may not know everything but yet you can become an expert on any specific topic. Most of the best developers are not native English speakers. So better try your best.
Let’s discuss the tips one by one.
- Get your ideas straight
For most of the writers, who start writing for the first time, mostly write very carefully, checking every word and making sure that every word is spelled correctly. Even then the content gets rejected. Most of the novice writers blame their English and the grammar or spelling. But the truth is most of the time editors reject the content or the articles not because of language mistakes or spellings but because the content lacks the idea.
Have some good ideas and your content will get the required weight which is most required.
- To get good ideas, you do not need to be a native English speaker. You only need good ideas. But from where do you get the ideas?
- Rewind yourself and find any interesting incident or experience in the life. If it is good enough to share, write about it.
- Read a lot of books, find interesting facts, case studies which can create interest in the lives of people. Get inspired from the ideas given in the book. Try adding your content and make it interesting.
- Even read the blogs, visit forums, and search information about interesting things which can get the attention of the readers.
- Inspiration to write can come from real stories, news items in the newspaper or on TV or even by listening to other people.
- Find out what people talk about more or what worries them, research the topic and try creating interesting content with facts.
- Always read good content, observe the style of writing, observe the words used in making sentences effective. Good reading habit helps in developing better writing, and with constant improvement, you becomes the best.
- The best quality of the human mind is to remember the content, absorb it and slowly adapt to the way of writing. You will slowly start improving yourself. But also have a habit of filtering the information that you use otherwise your mind gets overloaded with lots of unwanted information.
- Reading helps in training your mind and getting into the habit of thinking on your own. Once if you start thinking on your own, it helps in developing stories based on smaller ideas that you have.
- Regular reading makes you more organized person too. You will start responding to the thoughts in your mind and put them in proper, concise and most suitable form.
- Read the blogs of the best bloggers, subscribe popular newsletters and even visit online informative forums which help you in becoming more creative in your writing.
Most of the people today are not into the habit of reading but remember reading makes you a wise person, it enhances the thinking abilities and it makes a person mature enough to take a decision on his own.
- Make use of the readymade options
The various user-friendly tools which are commonly available with the applications should be used which are useful in everyday work. The tools available are – filter, sort, and bookmark the content.
- There are lots of free applications which allow you to store the content and to make use of it as and when required. The web and mobile applications such as Feedly, Flipboard and Instapaper are mostly preferred by the users.
- Try and learn the language of experienced writers and it will help you in reducing your time in searching the suitable words. You will get lots of new words and phrases which are most useful. It adds to your creativity and make your posts interesting.
- Make use of applications such as MY Words which helps to collect new words and also to remember it while writing.
- Get your articles checked by experienced persons or native English speakers.
- You can take the help of your friend and make sure that your articles get thorough check from the experts or from native English speakers. It helps you in improvements and in reducing your drawbacks. Even you can take the help of proofreaders who can guide you well.
- You can take help of any of your friend who is a native speaker and who can help you in giving proper guidance, in the case of any language inconsistencies.
- Start writing guest posts.
If you write guest posts, write for quality blogs which help in getting better responses. The advantage for writing a high-quality blog is, it will be having an editorial team and it helps in improving your content before publishing. More than your content, your idea will help you to click your blog with the audience. It is the best encouragement for a blogger as a beginner.
- Be careful about spellings
Make sure about your spellings. The words you use in the blogs should be properly defined and well-spelled words of English. Never make silly spelling mistakes which give a very bad impression of the writer. Make use of the automated spelling and grammar checker tools. Most of the word processing editors check both spelling and grammar. Also, avoid overused of words and phrases. Make use of synonyms while writing.
- Grammar check
Always check your grammar which is highly important while writing the blogs. Most of the time people make mistakes because of carelessness. There are automated tools which can help in checking and suggesting the changes but you cannot rely on them.
The best and most suitable grammar check applications are available which can be used while writing or while proofreading.
The three best tools for grammar-checker are
Grammarly – It checks the spellings, punctuation, and overused words.
Ginger – It also checks spelling errors and repeated words.
Hemingway – It cut shorts the longer sentences and highlights grammatical mistakes.
- Start Communication in native English
Get into the habit of improving communication in native language.
You can watch TV shows in native English, play and listen to the English songs which are not easy for the beginners but one can do it with practice. Find out a website which offers lots of informative content in pure native language. It helps in improving your skills of reading, writing, and understanding. It helps in enhancing your vocabulary also.
- Keep writing
Writing is your daily work-out. Write something every day. More you write, more it becomes easy for you. Do not worry about the topic but write something which is neat and error-free. Maybe a story or about some experience in past or about somebody. Read the content and try re-writing it which will be the best exercise.
- Find typical errors
The foreign languages are learned by using the native languages. Most of us learned English language with the help of our mother tongue. So we all have mother tongue influence on our English language.
We do typical mistakes which show the influence of our mother tongue. You can Google and find “the most common mistakes in English” which will be very helpful.
Blogging is a very challenging profession having worldwide recognition. It has the power to reach to every corner of the world through internet. The blogger surely gets worldwide recognition but it needs highly accomplished language and thoughtful ideas which can grab the attention worldwide.