>A blogging platform is nothing but a place where your blog is hosted. So, why don’t you call it a website? No, a blog is very different from a website:
- A blog has postings in a reverse chronological order which means the latest post will be listed first followed by the previous post according to the date posted.
- A blog can be a website’s part with a single page that is redirected from the website’s home page.
- A blog is the only web page that allows comments, feedbacks, and suggestions to improve the contents of the page whereas this cannot be done on a website.
- Also, the main difference between a website and a blog is the “Content refreshing”. A blog has dynamic contents that keep updating every day whereas website has static contents which remain the same for a long period.
This is the first and foremost recommended blogging platform. It has numerous services such as best add-ins, plug-ins, layouts, themes and skins to customize your blog. Also, it is one of the best blogging platforms for free bloggers who wish to upgrade their blog into a self-hosted or paid blog service. Other advantages are:
- Installation and set up is for free and bloggers have access to themes, layouts, plug-ins within a limit (Since it is a free version).
- Seriously no technical knowledge such as coding, decoding is required to set up a blog.
- Best customer support and WordPress forum support.
- SEO-friendly blogging platform.
You should have heard this term “Blogger or Blogspot”. It is also a best free blogging platform from Google. Since this is a Google product, you will be having access to Google Analytics and other tools provided by google which is already integrated into your blog. Thus, some of the major advantages of using Blogger is:
- It is a great blogging platform for free bloggers who wish to blog for some fun without investing a single penny.
- It allows HTML codes, thus allowing customization of your blog as you like. For this, the blogger should have some technical knowledge.
This is also a free blogging platform which allows the blogger to “re-blog” the post. In other words, it can be said as a different type of blogging platform which is best for the microbloggers to post short length messages and posts. Advantages of this blogging platform is:
- It provides unlimited storage.
- It is best for posting short messages, pictures, videos, and music.
- You can make use of 1000 themes, skins, layouts, add-ons, etc.
This is another free blogging platform which offers best design templates, SEO optimization and can be used to access the virtual stores. Pros of this blogging platform is:
- This is one of the easiest and friendly blogging platforms which has very easy CMS (Just drag and drop themes and designs)
- Since dragging and dropping features, there is no need of having technical knowledge such as HTML and CSS.
Having 24/7 customer service, access to best design templates, colors, layouts to customize the blog and easy CMS ( just drag and drop designing features) makes WIX.com best suitable for Business people. Other advantages are:
- Latest design templates that can be used by the bloggers.
- This is a blogging platform that is used widely by photographers, musicians, small business people, web designers and so on.
Live journal works like an online newspaper. It is integrated with social media sites such as Facebook, Google plus, Twitter. It has discussion forums, discussion communities where you can find people who can help you to develop your business. Advantages of using Livejournal:
- It has discussion forums to help you when you are stuck up in between.
- Provides best tools to enhance the performance and design of your blog.
This is a modern blogging platform that helps your blog to be visible in all kind of browsers, mobile phones, and laptops. It has creative and colorful themes, skins and templates that can be used to customize your blog. Advantages of IMcreator:
- Easy drag and drop feature to develop the best blog.
- This is best for business persons since IMcreator provides best e-commerce modules which make “product selling” so easy.
This site not only allows you to create a free blog but also two or three websites with the same account. Some of the advantages of Yola:
- It gives high protection for your data.
- It also provides best data traffic management and data backup facilities.
It helps to create a blog so simply with a professional look. With this site, you can easily edit and update your content whenever you want. Just like other CMS, it also has easy drag and drop features to create a colorful and attractive blog so easily. Some of the advantages of Websitebuilder:
- It does not need any technical knowledge to customize your blog.
- The content can be edited from any device.
- Best designed blog available.
A modern site which is compatible with any kind of devices such as laptops, computers, and mobile devices. It offers a minimum of 500 MB memory capacity to store blog contents. Advantages of Jimdo:
- Jimdo’s Android app is very famous since it helps to create a blog in any android device such as mobile and tablet.
- Provides best SEO optimization techniques.
These are the best free blogging platforms available. You can use any one of them to set up your blog. Let us know which platform you use for your free blog in the comment section.