Internet Traffic is the flow of data across the internet. However, for bloggers, the traffic is defined as the flow of visitors to their website or blog or more specifically the ‘visitors to customers’ who arrive their site. The more traffic the blog attracts, the popular it grows and finally, the more money bloggers make through sales and advertisements. It is nothing different than the frequency and amount of visitors in your store.
Every single person who wishes to become a greater brand over the internet eventually searches for the ways to increase traffic. But for that, we must understand that what types of traffics there are and which one is beneficial for us. Once you discover that what traffic will be of greater advantage for you, look for the ways you can increase it over your blogs.
Internet traffic is important for people who wish to become rich through a blog. There are blogs which earn more than US $100,000. All this is possible with just one trick, by increasing the traffic to your website or blog.
There are particularly four types of traffic you come across to:
- Direct Traffic: When the visitor types the URL of your website and blog. It is not very common for blogs but is common for specific websites.
- Paid Traffic: When the audience is gathered by clicking on some paid advertisements over other websites.
- Referral Traffic: People arrive at your blog by clicking any link provided on some other website or pages.
- Organic Traffic: People click on the results of the searched keywords. This is the most suitable and reliable form of traffic if your site is optimized for the Search Engines.
Traffics are further divided into many subcategories. For bloggers, it is important for them to realize that which type of traffic will actually help them to earn. Here are the other two sub-types of traffic.
- Search Traffic: The people who arrive at your blog after clicking on to one of the results suggested by the search engine in response to the user’s keywords. Search traffic comes under the form of Organic Traffic. It is the most common and natural form of traffic you are going to get on your site or page. The more famous your blog becomes, the prior position it will hold in the search results.
- Social Traffic: The people who visit your blog after clicking on the links provided to your other social media accounts such as Facebook and Twitter are referred as Social traffic. It is a form of Referral Traffic. It is helpful in the cases if you already have a huge fan following at your social media accounts. Every visit counts.
Now, the question comes, which one is better. But before claiming any one of them as better, you need to realize that how important they are in their respective fields.
BENEFITS OF SEARCH TRAFFIC:
Other than being the most common way to increase the traffic to your blog, it has certain other advantages over specific fields:
- Target the Interested Audience: The biggest merit of the Search traffic is that people come themselves looking for your product. The visitors who arrive through the Google results are definitely interested in the stuff you market about. These visitors are most likely to convert into customers.
- Your Platforms are GOOGLE and BING: Another greatest feature of the search traffic is that you get the chance of displaying your products over the biggest online markets such as Google, Bing, Yahoo and other search engines. There are two ways of indulging in this type of traffic:
- Paid Advertisement: You can be the first ones to appear on the result lists.
- Search Engine Optimization: Get your blog optimized according to the most searched keywords.
BENEFITS OF SOCIAL TRAFFIC:
Social media is one such platform where you can attract many people by the effective visual content. The impact of the social traffic depends on the fan following of your profile or brand. The other features are:
- Brand Awareness: Social media is the best platform to introduce your brand to the audience. It provides you random traffic in a lot quicker time. You can display your brand over many such profiles as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Availability of The Users: Social media networks are the busiest of all sites. People tend to visit these sites frequently and they do research a lot about the stuff they like (especially the visually attractive ones). Millions of people stay online over these sites, even your blog can attract a few thousand too per day.
- Advertisement Strategy: A satisfied customer is an ad himself. People over social media share the posts they like and become an ad themselves. This type of social advertisement requires only your time and creativity and no money unless you wish to have a paid advertisement.
SOCIAL OR SEARCH TRAFFIC:
The Social Traffic helps the bloggers/brands:
- Who have created a new blog and wish to increase the number of followers.
- Who are looking for advertisement rather than sale. Social media gets you the traffic of casual wanderers and not the potential customers.
- Who have the Pay-Per-Click feature added to their site or blogs and even act as advertisement platforms themselves.
The Search Traffic helps the bloggers/brands:
- Who are looking to make a sale.
- Who have enough fan following and need to limit the traffic to targeted audience and potential customers.
- Who wish to make money after spending a quality time over the advertisement.
If you want your blog to be more of a career option than a side business you need to pay equal attention to both of the traffics. There are many ways to increase both the traffic at your site to get you more popularity and sales altogether. If you work well and strategically, you can earn more than you expect from this online business. A blog can be used in many ways to earn money by becoming a platform for advertisement or a direct store for sales or a click through the site or even a pay-per-click site.
You need to explore your interests, you need to stay on the trend and also you need to be in the daily feed of your followers. Search traffic or Social traffic, both will ultimately help you to grow your brand in different ways. Work on them and expand your business.
Please share this post if you like it, and leave us your valuable feedback and suggestions in the comment section below.