Online Marketing is overtaking the usual advertisements. In this world of rush, a customer doesn’t really wish to have a full proof introduction of your website and your history to buy a product from you. Websites are not only bulky to load but contain more than 60 links which add a further disinterest to a person who wants to have a great deal without wasting time in doing a lot of search work.
We, being the generation of impatience, needed a rescue from the fuss. So, here we are to provide our customers what they need – A Landing Page.
A landing page is a web page that a visitor ‘land’ on or arrives as a response to clicking on a Search Engine Optimized (SEO) search result or an Online Advertisement. The landing pages are the quickest access to a particular link of your website which you wish to advertise for. A landing page is completely distinct from your primary website which has been designed to concentrate on one product or objective.
The main purpose of a landing page is to limit the options available for the audience. The landing pages are created to direct the visitors to your product or any other online service and to guide them towards your conversion goal.
Conversion Goals are different for differently purposed sites, for example, a successful conversion to an online retailer is defined as the sale of a product to a customer whose interest was initiated by a click on the advertisement. Whereas, for a content creator the conversion goal is defined as the registration or membership of a visitor.
TYPES OF LANDING PAGES:
There are two types of landing page, each one of them is specific in work and function. To choose the correct one for your website you need to decide what your conversion goals are.
- CLICK THROUGH LANDING PAGE:
Click through landing pages act as ‘warm hole’ or a direct passage from a page to another. These are the direct link from the marketing ad to the final purchase. The click-through landing pages provide sufficient information of the product along with the assets one needs to know to make a purchase. These kinds of landing page are used for the online retailers to push them into the purchasing funnel and then to the shopping cart. These landing pages are successful only if the information provided by you is enough to convert a visitor into a consumer. A landing page with a video and images of a product is a well created and often successful landing page.
The click-through landing pages include the necessary points and information including the price and method of payment or sometimes videos explaining the purpose and working technique of the product.
- LEAD GENERATION LANDING PAGE:
These are the pages which are most useful for the websites who intends to extract the personal information of the visitor. These landing pages are often used by the content creators who seek to connect with their visitors at a personal level. These landing pages can help you to get the email address of the visitor which gives you permission to continue marketing to them. Once you start 1 on 1 conversation with them for the marketing, you try to convert them from a user to customer.
This lead generation landing page asks for the person’s information which helps the website to recognize the visitor’s field of interests. For example, if you wish to advertise for study materials or test series you can ask your visitors about their field of study and interests and email address to make them aware of your study packages.
LANDING PAGE POTENTIALS:
- Collect the personal information in exchange for the spreadsheets or slides related to your product or e-books for comprehensive guides and other general tips.
- Warm up the customer to make them buy the deal and pushing them deeper into your sales funnel.
- Landing pages should be used for all the campaigning needs.
- Landing pages are the best way to increase your conversion rate.
HOW TO CREATE A LANDING PAGE:
A good landing page will target a particular audience, such as traffic from an email campaign or visitors who click on a pay-per-click ad promoting your webinar. When you are building a land page for a lead, the end goal remains the same, to capture your lead’s interest in something you have to offer.
Follow these basic steps to create an effective landing page for your business or enterprise:
- SET UP A WEB HOSTING SERVER:
To create a landing page you need to have a web hosting server to keep all your data accessible and available on the internet. For example the ‘Go Daddy’ site. Sign up the deal and make the necessary payments.
- GET A DOMAIN NAME:
Create a domain name for your business which seems the most suitable and check for the availability. Buy the rights from any elite group of an organization to make it yours.
- USE WEB DEIGNING TOOLS:
This is the basic step of designing a web page or where you add Gifs, images, videos, and texts to your landing page to make it effective and informative.
- Use visually compelling graphics to draw the attention of the visitor. You can use effective fonts and contrasting backgrounds to make it even more attractive.
- Optimize your web content. The most important feature of a landing page is its text. How smartly you can fit all the information without being a dictionary. Seriously! Don’t use hi-tech words. Keep the words reader-friendly so that the Search Engine Optimization results can bring on the landing page right at it. Use common and relating words to get the best out of it.
- Add on the elements according to the type of landing page and the business. Include the slogans or the logo of your business to promote other specifics of your business too. It is like leaving a business card for the visitor. Use the tag-lines and flaunt your marketing skills.
- INCLUDE CODE MODULES THAT PRESENT A USABLE FORM FOR VISITOR TO COMPLETE THE TASK:
Code modules are the pieces of computer codes which emphasize the separating functionality of a program such that each contains everything necessary to execute one single task, the task you want them to do. They need to be written professionally by a software designer in order to work well.
- Build in functionality to the landing page with an auto-responder which can keep a track of the visitors and send them an automated response as thanks for visiting the site and providing the links for further communication.
- Add Pay-Per-Click (PPC) items or other monetizing functions. According to the PPC feature, a web page owner can place the advertisements of other companies on their own web page and every time the advertisement is clicked, the owner earns money.
- ADD SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS IN YOUR LANDING PAGE:
Reach to the people not only through your website but also through your Facebook or Twitter account or even the Facebook page to connect with the diverse and modern audience. These social media sites can be used to advertise other products as well.
Evaluate FACEBOOK MARKUP LANGUAGE (FBML) which allows web page designers to link their pages to Facebook that gives the site a visibility to all types of business and enterprise.
A landing page is an effective technique to create a completely new way to advertise your business. The key points to remember would be-
- Optimize the content of your landing page so that the SEO would suggest your landing page as an advertisement when certain natural keywords are searched by the user.
- Be creative and informative about your landing page. Don’t make it very bulky to even upload but make it attractive enough to make it worth a watch.
- Add the social media links to stay connected to the interested audience.
Work on your landing page and make it the most optimum advertisement for your business. Advertising is the master key to all the locked doors of customers.