English as a language is no less than the mother tongue of the world. It is the most spoken language hence, becomes the most common language to communicate to the people across the country and world as well making it one of the most important skill most of the companies wish to see in employees. We, as Indians are not only self-conscious but also reluctant when it comes to communicate or write in English. Even after possessing a good knowledge, we tend to have this inbuilt fear of making an error.
So, for all such people who wish to write an error free article or speech or even wish to improve their English language skills, here is something apt for the beginners as well the ones who wish to make an extra effort towards this.
GRAMMARLY TO THE RESCUE:
Grammarly is an English language enhancement platform which helps you to not only proof-read your text but also have many such features which may not only correct your text but also helps to carve it in a better form.
Grammarly was launched in 2009 by the Grammarly Inc., a software created by Alex Shevchenko and Max Lytvyn. It is designed to not only suggest you with the corrections but also makes an effort to inform you about what you actually did wrong. The software detects grammatical errors as well as the spelling mess ups too.
Grammarly cross-checks your text by aligning them with almost 250 rules of the English language.
FEATURES THAT MAKE GRAMMARLY DIFFERENT FROM OTHER PROOF-READING SOFTWARES:
- EDITING AND OMISSION: Like other applications and software, Grammarly detects the spelling and grammatical errors in your text and suggest the correction, along with a little pop-up, showing why the word you used was wrong. Grammarly even detects the slightest of the mistakes like the incorrect usage of punctuations and articles or the ill-use of active/passive voice in a sentence.
- EMPOWER VOCABULARY: This is one the best feature for the bloggers and the young writers. In the English language, a new word is added to the dictionary in every 98 minutes! That is almost 14 words a day! So, it is quite a big deal to keep every word and their meanings in your head. Grammarly even detects the repetition of some words and even suggests a better synonym which is most widely used and is also not a lot complex for other people to understand. You can choose any of the listed synonyms. For people who are not that great with words can definitely seek some help.
- POSSIBLY CONFUSED WORDS: It is the latest feature offered by this application. We are often confused with the words which sound similar or have almost the same meaning. The most common errors that we make are-‘who-whom’ or ‘there-their-they’re’ or ‘than-then’. Grammarly detects such possible confusion and gives you the difference between the two along with the examples.
- CHECK ON PLAGIARISM: We mostly get inspired from different articles to write our own. But sometimes, this little form of cut and paste can cause your blog a certain decrement in your ratings. To sound authentic and to avoid the offense of plagiarism this application is a must. Plagiarism is the other name of piracy or copying. The Grammarly software cross-check your text to the others on the internet and ensures you about the authenticity of the article.
- COMPATIBLE TO THE LEADING DEVICES AND SOFTWARE: Grammarly is available in many user-friendly forms as a web application, a chrome add-on, Microsoft Word add-on and as a desktop application for Mac. You can use the application as a platform to write itself or you can even copy paste the already written content to go through the corrections it requires.
POTENTIAL USES OF GRAMMARLY:
“You can’t be that kid, standing at the top of the waterslide, overthinking it. You have to go down to the chute. You have to let people see what you wrote. It will never be perfect but perfect is overrated”- Tina Frey
English is a language to express your desires and feelings, a way to put up your opinion. You don’t have to be perfect at it, but you need to be creative about it. Always remember that most of the inventions were successful errors. Listed below are some of the uses where you can find Grammarly as your helping hand.
- The Editor for Your Blog: Bloggers, this is a gift for you. People nowadays are Grammar Nazis who tends to pinpoint the smallest of the mistakes you have made in your content. Even the readers love to see a piece of effort which is error-free especially grammatically. You can proof-read the articles and correct the smallest of the misconception regarding the use of certain words. For example: ‘may-might’ or ‘a few- few’.
- Speeches, Applications, and Presentations: The best use of English language is often noticed in public meetings and seminars where you need to deliver a speech or any presentation. With the correct grammar, you always will have the confidence which is indeed the major part of your public confrontation. Make your applications error-free if applying for a college to leave a better impact over the ones in charge.
- A Teacher for You: Grammarly holds this special feature of making you realize the mistake you made and which rule of grammar you have broken. If you stay loyal to those little speech bubbles, you can improve yourself in your skill. To be a good student, you have to do mistakes. But to be a better student, you need to do these 3 steps after making a mistake.
- Admit it.
- Correct it.
- Never repeat it.
GRAMMARLY SERVICES AND CHARGES:
Grammarly provides you their service at the most commonly used sites and platforms. You can even link Grammarly to any of the online social site. It works with all the online sites like emails, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. You can install the free browser extension of Grammarly for Chrome, Safari, and Firefox to connect it to any of the browsers of your device.
The Basic Version of Grammarly is available for free for every device and every online platform including the bloggers’ favorite, WordPress.
The Premium Version of the application is paid but comes with a free trial. The premium version is the upgraded one which further works on 400 rules of English Grammar. All the information you require to become a ‘Grammatically Perfect’ blogger or writer is available at a decent price. The value of the packs of the services are as follows:
- Monthly Pack: US $29.95
- Quarterly Pack: For 3 months, billed as one for US $59.95 (US $19.98 per month)
- Annual Pack: For a year, billed as one for US $139.95 (US $11.66 per month)
Overview: Grammarly is one of the best application for proof-reading and for making the essential changes in your content to make it look more attractive. Being a user-friendly and available for almost all the online sites it makes the application a faster working one. You can even choose the way of viewing mistakes like by checking on them as soon as the red underline appears or you can look at all of them at once. It even helps you with the wiser use of words.
A Little Pep-Talk:
To all those people who wish to improve their skills just to be socially secure, keep this in your head,
English is a language like many others, it is a way to communicate and NOT a scale to measure anyone’s intelligence or wisdom. People here are often blinded by this idea that the better you are at English the greater knowledge you possess. English is an important language to come out in front of a larger audience. The primary language of Indians is their regional language and the secondary language is English.
Learn it to communicate more, improve yourself to feel confident. Stop being afraid of making mistakes because with every mistake you correct, you move a step closer to perfection.
Write and correct. Post how you feel without being anymore conscious about the grammatical mistakes and make yourself better with what you do. Leave your feedbacks and suggestions in the comment section, and don’t forget to share this post with your friends.