>Apple App Store vs. Google Play Store is an ongoing war which interests all smartphone lovers. So let’s find out who wins this war? Apple App Store and Google play store are the key players when it comes to app market for mobiles. Each of them run on a different OS. Each of these markets play a key role in deciding which platform you should go for.
Image Credit: androidauthority.net
This article highlights all the major differences between Google play store and Apple’s app store. This will help you decide which one you should invest your money on.
Money Vs. Audience
In 2015, surveys showed that Google Play store hosted two times the total apps than Apple store. Following of extremely distinctive policies is the main reason for this major number difference.
- While apple has extremely strict guidelines for submitting any app. Google have always supported a much more lenient and laid back attitude when it comes to submission of an app.
- Google will only remove your app if its a virus or a hacking software that can exploit user data.
- Although Google has more than two times the number of apps than the apple store. Nonetheless, Apple store rakes in is almost four times higher revenue than Google Play store.
- This means that if you want more users to enjoy your app, you have to go with Google Play store. But if your prerogative is more money and profit, then you would have to settle for Apple store.
- So in this case of Apple App Store vs. Google Play Store, apple wins hands down for some and google wins for others.
Keywords Vs. Meta Descriptions
- When it is to publish an app on Google Play store, you are asked to write a meta description for your app. Thus, which requires you to understand the working of SEO.
- Without proper search engine optimizing your app description is sure to appear last at of the search results. This is because Google uses the words used in your meta-description as keywords directly.
- In the case of Apple App store, they ask for keywords separately. Hence the text in the description column does not have much importance when it comes to your search results.
- So in this case of apple app store vs google play store, apple seems to be more convenient.
Social Media Vs. No Social Media
When it comes to promotions and increasing user fan base of your application, social media surely plays an extremely important role.
- The Apple App Store, offer no specific buttons or feature to share or like an app using any popular social networking sites.
- But in the case Google Play store, they do offer a variety of social media sharing options for increasing your app popularity.
- There is a button to +1 the app.
- +1 button is integrated with Google+ social network site and +1 means that a user likes the app.
- So more +1, are you upscaling user likeability of your app.
- So in this case of Apple App Store vs. Google Play Store, Google Play store is one step ahead of Apple for sure.
Apple App Categories Vs. Google Algorithms
Let us now look at how quickly your new users can discover your app? In this war, both Apple and Google seem to go neck to neck.
- As you upload a game on Apple App Store, your game would list and be discoverable under 3 separate categories. This means that your chances of discovering a new user has almost tripled.
- Similarly, in the case of Google Play store, your chances remain almost the same only they use different methods. Google uses a special algorithm to list the apps.
- These apps are listed under two main categories which are ‘similar apps’ and ‘users also installed’. This algorithm chooses apps to display on its own.
- It has no effect on the search results made by your user. The apps that are shown in your app as suggestions are your closest competitors.
- The Same way your app will also be shown to them as a suggestion.
- Therefore, in this case of Apple App Store vs. Google Play Store, they both seem to fare equally.
True Feedback Vs. Feedback Hacks
The feedback systems for your app needs to be strong. The standard tools for giving feedback are reviews and ratings. They are pretty same in both the markets. If your app is worthy then you get a good review and five-star rating. If not, you won’t that’s how both Apple and Google work.
Pretty straight forward!
- Both the stores have proper in-depth checking and analysis of all your reviews.
- Moreover, if you try to game the system with fake reviews or ratings, you will be banned and your account gets suspended.
- Your earnings in the account will also be lost without any refund. So using any hacks and tweaks are not recommended.
- However, you can use promotions and advertising as methods to rake in high reviews and ratings.
- You definitely can ask your customers to provide reviews and ratings by giving them incentives .
- Ask your app users for reviews and rating after they complete a specific level or after they have used your app for a specific period of time.
- You can also use the feature of push notification to ask them to review and rate your app on the store.
Longer App Name Vs. Crisp Short Name
There is a difference in the number of characters that each store allows the user to enter an app name.
- The Apple App Store, allows you to give a title for your app within 255 character length.
- In the case of Google Play store, they limit the title length to 30 characters.
- So if you think that longer titles are better for your app, then go to Apple App store or else Google Play store works just as good.
- So in this name war between Apple App Store vs. Google Play Store, it all comes down to your individual preference and taste.
Thus, ultimately as a smartphone user both Android and Apple may not be very different. But as a developer, your decision should encompass keeping in mind the factors such as programming and development environments. These subtle differences play a huge role in determining your mobile marketing success graph .
Choose Smart & Live Smart!
If you find my articles interesting do share them. I am always waiting for your valuable comments and feedback.