Are you looking to increase the reach and audiences for your application? Then you should definitely get outside the world of play store and iTunes. There are thousands of stores out there which can truly bring the potential of your app to the users worldwide. Has your search introduced you to the amazon app store?
You should try other popular platforms and stores. Instead of going with the conventional way of only releasing your app on google play store or iTunes. Amazon app store is one such example.
This guide will teach you to learn about the basic steps for releasing an app to the amazon app store.
Register to The Site
Without creating an account you cannot post apps to the store. You must visit the site and sign up as a developer. This is required in order to create an authentic account to release your apps. Click here to visit the site.
You must also configure the way in which you are going to make payment to the site. This becomes especially important if you are going to offer in-app purchases for your users through your app. It is also essential if you want to get the features and payment through amazon’s own mobile ad network.
Once you get on the site, fill out on all the essential details. If you don’t want to receive payments through amazon’s ad network, just ignore about tax and other tax-related details.
Once you have completed registering with the site, you can go on and click on the add new app button in the apps and services page. Then a dialog box will appear which will offer you to submit apps that are compatible with android, iOS and windows. Click the desired check box and click next. You will be asked details about your app through all the dialog boxes.
Submit Your App
After entering all the relevant details and information about your app such as its name, category it falls under, email, contact address, and website. You should then move on by clicking the submit button.
- Upload relevant images of your application after submitting your app. You can upload a variety of images for your app.
- Each measured scale will fall under different categories such as small and large icons, screenshots of your app and a promotional image of your app.
- You have to upload images to the site with correct dimensions. You also have the option to upload a promotional video if you need.
- Click the save button after filling all the details. After you have gone through all the tabs, a binary tab will show up. This is the tab where you would have to submit the .apk file of your app.
Guidelines to Follow
Before submitting your app to the amazon app store, you have to test the app across all the devices. For this, you can make use of Live app testing feature.
- This service will soon distribute your app over 1000s of interested users worldwide. This feature provided by amazon will collect the details and data regarding the testing done by users in all parts of the world and analyze the performance.
A variety of statuses will show up by your app after you submit it to the amazon app store. These statuses are a step forward for verification and review. Let us have a look at the what these variety of statuses mean –
- Suppressed: this notification means that your app was live and running at one point of time. But it is no more functioning at the present time.
- Live: as the name suggests, this status written along the side of the app means that this app is live at the amazon app store and is available for download for users worldwide.
- Approved: this status displayed alongside your app means that your app has completed all the stages of verification and testing. It is only undergoing some process in order to make it live in the market. During this status, all you can do is wait till the app goes live on the market.
- Under review: this status will be displayed once you have submitted the app to amazon app store for review. When this status appears you can either wait till amazon completes its reviewing process. Or else you can also decide to cancel the process and restart the submission process again.
Keep Updating The App
Once you have gone through all the steps to make your app live on the amazon app store. You can also make your app up to date with the latest versions through amazon games and apps portal.
Follow the simple steps to know how –
- Sign into amazon apps and games portal. After signing in, you will be redirected to the dashboard of your account.
- After entering the dashboard page, you will see a list of apps and games that you have submitted and is live on the amazon app store.
- From this list, you can click and select the apps and games that you wish to update.
- A new dialog box will ask for confirmation. After confirming, you will be presented with a window which has pre-filled data on pricing, description, and other general information.
- If you want, you can change them or else they will remain the same as they were with the live version that is on the amazon app store.
- You will be then asked to upload app to the upgraded app under the binary tab. After completing the step, click on save to proceed forward.
- Then you will be asked to fill out the release notes for the app. This note will contain all the details of changes you have made with the updated one.
- After completing this, Click on the submit app button.
- The submit app button will enable you to release the updated version of your app. It will furthermore, remove the outdated version of your app from amazon app store.
- After the approval of your app, amazon will send an email regarding the update. This way, you have successfully uploaded and updated your app on amazon app store.
Be open to opportunities and experimentation as they are the key to success. So, progress forward with enthusiasm and dedication.
If you find this article helpful kindly share it and do drop in a quick comment or feedback. Keep Reading wemoneymarkers.com and enjoy making money online!